Estimated time of departure is 8:00 PM
Home to Harvard and legendary sports teams the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics, Boston is a treasure trove of Americana. Walking the Freedom Trail leads you on a tour into the fascinating revolutionary roots of the oldest city in America. We sail scenic Boston Harbor aboard MS Roald Amundsen to begin our expedition.
We sail into Manhattan, passing the iconic Statue of Liberty. MS Roald Amundsen will dock in New York City overnight while you take a bite out of the Big Apple. Marvel at the skyline of the metropolis, stroll through Central Park in its golden autumn colors, see one of the many Broadway shows, gaze at the city lights from atop the Empire State Building, or visit buzzing Times Square. New York City has so much to offer it’s impossible to fit everything in in just two days, but it’s certainly great fun to try. Explore the city on your own or on one of our optional excursions.
IncludedNew York - Manhattan ShuttleThis transfer will run continuously back and forth from the ship to Times Square.
Evening Sights of NYEnjoy breathtaking views of the Manhattan Skyline at night and fascinating insight into the history of the most famous suspension bridge in the world during this guided walking adventure.
Live like a New YorkerYour Tour Guide will meet you at the Pier and escort you on foot to the closest Subway station in Midtown Manhattan. While using the NY subway may seem confusing to first-timers, it's actually quite simple once you get the hang of it.
New York - Icons of the Big AppleVisit and see New York's top attractions in this full day excursion.
Amazing Heli Experience over NYThe most exciting way to see New York from above! Join us for this 16 minute flight, we can guarantee that the memories will last a lifetime!
Home to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, where the U.S. Constitution was signed in 1787, Philadelphia is one of the most historic cities in America. Explore the Old City District to see the landmarks that give Philadelphia its rich history, such as Franklin Court, Benjamin Franklin’s home during the American Revolution.
IncludedPhiladelphia ShuttleThis transfer will run continuously back and forth from the ship to Philadelphia Center.
Philadelphia - Markets, Mosaics & MagicArt, culture, diversity and of course, the spirit of Rocky lives on in South Philly! Join this Philadelphia tour to see just how eclectic this gritty city is.
Philadelphia - History in HDForget watching History Channel documentaries, why not see the landmarks that shaped America in real life on this Philadelphia tour?
Classic and Creative PhillyAlways a draw for American history buffs (and Rocky fans), Philadelphia also has exceptional food, local craft beer and eclectic art to add to its long list of attractions.
The Expedition Team will continue their lecture program, covering topics related to the areas in which we sail. The onboard photographer will also run workshops to show you the basics of expedition photography. There will also be time to relax and just enjoy being on board the ship.
Charleston is considered one of America’s greatest historic treasures. With cobblestone streets, an elegant French Quarter, the magnificent Battery promenade, and Waterfront Park, the city is an ideal size to stroll around on foot or even tour by horse-drawn carriage. Explore the city and its historic sites at your leisure or join one of our optional excursions.
IncludedCharleston - Beach CleanupJoin the effort to rid the oceans of plastic on our beach clean-ups.
Boone Plantation & Historic CharlestonJourney to historic Boone Hall Plantation, used in the filming of the television miniseries, "North And South" and "Queen" and for background filming in "Gone With the Wind".
Charleston – Delightful Upper King Street Culinary TourThis excursion provides insight into Charleston's historic Upper King Street neighbourhood, recently named one of the top 10 food neighbourhoods in America.
Charleston – Fossil HuntingLook for and find fossils while exploring Morris Island in search of the prehistoric past.
Charleston – Historic Walking TourExperience the history of Charleston during this two-hour walking tour that takes you deep into the heart of Charleston.
A day at sea means you can join the lectures presented by the Expedition Team, spend time on deck, or in the panorama lounge with fellow travellers. Enjoy a refreshing workout in our well-equipped fitness room with an ocean view or let your muscles relax in one of the outdoor hot tubs.
Miami is colorful, from South Beach to Little Havana, blending vibes from Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Europe. Local architecture boasts the greatest collection of Art Deco buildings in the world. Explore the city or join an excursion to nearby Everglades National Park, where you can spot Florida alligators, egrets, and herons.
IncludedShuttle to South BeachEnjoy a leisurely transfer to the world famous South Beach.
Everglades Eco TourExplore the natural wonder of the Everglades from the comfort of your specially designed airboat.
Miami - Little Havana Foodie TourExplore Little Havana and Cuban flavours.
Miami by Land and SeaDuring your scenic drive you will pass through the heart of downtown Miami and the towering skyscrapers of the Financial district along Brickell Avenue. Explore Miami’s Cuban heritage as you make your way down “Calle Ocho” and into the heart of Little Havana.
Estimated time of arrival is 8:00 AM
Before you head home, take some time to explore the Bahamas on an optional Post-program. Formerly a pirate haven, lively Nassau still boasts British colonial-era buildings, such as the pink-hued Government House and grand Georgian homes. New Providence Island and nearby Paradise Island are also renowned for their beaches and splendid coral reefs.
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with current scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, infinity pool, sauna with floor-to-ceiling window, outdoor and indoor gyms, and outdoor running track
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
MS Roald Amundsen
|Passenger capacity||530 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
In 2019, Hurtigruten added a brand new ship to its fleet: the MS Roald Amundsen. The state of the art vessel features new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible.
Some expedition cruises include excursions that can be reserved for no additional charge. These included excursions can often be combined with other excursions available in port.
Please note excursions are subject to change and are not yet available for booking for departures after March 2021.
New York - Manhattan Shuttle
New York - Evening Sights of NY
New York - Live like a New Yorker
New York - Icons of the Big Apple
New York - Amazing Heli Experience over NY
Philadelphia - Markets, Mosaics & Magic
Philadelphia - History in HD
Philadelphia - Classic and Creative Philly
Charleston - Beach Cleanup
Charleston - Boone Plantation & Historic Charleston
Charleston – Delightful Upper King Street Culinary Tour
Charleston – Fossil Hunting
Charleston – Historic Walking Tour
Miami - Shuttle to South Beach
Miami - Everglades Eco Tour
Miami - Little Havana Foodie Tour
Miami - Miami by Land and Sea
Sailing with MS Roald Amundsen
- Practical Information for Expedition Cruises On Board MS Roald Amundsen
- Meet Our Expedition Team
- Young Explorers’ Program: Bring your kids on board